2003 Sep 02 14:25

Re: [vox-tech] PHP MySQL Shell Script

Possibly environment variables.  PHP might be using it or using it to
modify its execution behavior.

I recommend running your script under Apache.  Having a development
environment that resembles the real environment as closely as possible is
a good idea.  If you don't want to do this for some reason, let us know
why and maybe we can help you setup your system so it does resemble a real
environment but still meet your other needs.

-Mark

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Charles McLaughlin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a PHP script that runs at the shell -- not from within HTML.
>
> If I try to connect to a MySQL database from a script running at the
> shell, PHP seg faults.  But if I run the same code as a web page through
> Apache it works fine.
>

> For instance, if I run my script at the shell like this:
>
> php4 myFile.php  --> it seg faults
>

> But if I view it in a web browser like this:
>
> http:\\127.0.0.1\myFile.php	--> this works
>
> Why would there be a difference if my script runs through Apache?
> Any ideas on how to fix this?
>

> Thanks in advance for any help!
>

> Charles

Mark K. Kim