2003 Aug 31 14:42

[vox-tech] Problems with hdparm

When I try to run hdparm (either in a root console, or single-user
command line), I get the following:

/dev/hda:
 HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Invalid argument
 HDIO_GET_32BIT failed: Invalid argument
 HDIO_GET_UNMASKINTR failed: Invalid argument
 HDIO_GET_DMA failed: Invalid argument
 HDIO_GET_KEEPSETTINGS failed: Invalid argument
 readonly     =  0 (off)
 readahead    =  8 (on)
 geometry     = 19161/16/255, sectors = 78176880, start = 0

Why the "Invalid argument" responses?  I can't find anything in the
man page about this, and searching Google provides a number of hits,
but they (at least the ones I have found) do not seem to address this.

I'm running a patched 2.4.20.  Is there something I've missed in the
kernel that is causing this, or is it something else?

TIA

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.