2003 Aug 16 17:18

[vox-tech] re: IBM Esssolo1 Sound

> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, D & E Radel wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > >
> > > Ok, will do and will post back results.
> > >
> > > Thanks people,
> > > Dietrich
> >
> > All I could disable was the printer port. The serial and IR ports
> > already disabled. Still stupid noise emits from speaker when
> > a sound file is played. There is an option to change IRQ stuff
> > for the PCI's but unsure of what settings affect the card.
> >
> > What to do now?
>
> Distribute the IRQs so fewest possible PCI slots share IRQs.  Since the
> serial and parallel ports are disabled, IRQs 3, 4, 5, 7, and 9 should be
> free.  Try to assign PCIs to those IRQs if you can.
>
> If any of the PCI slots share IRQs, try it out, and if it still doesn't
> work, try a different IRQ-sharing combination.
>
> Good luck!
>
> -Mark
>
> PS: What software are you using under Linux to test the sound card?

Just everything within KDE3. I killed the esd and tried xmms (oss version)
and still the same result.

I will try messing with the IRQ's. I did this once before, and as I duel boot
with Windows 98SE, there were many hardware conflicts on my next
boot to Windows. Maybe I can find a combination to keep them both
happy....

Dietrich