2003 Aug 16 15:25

Re: [vox-tech] Kernel 2.4 woody

On Saturday 16 August 2003 11:04 am, Jay Strauss wrote:
> | USB!
>
> I suppose I'll stick with 2.2 then.  My box has usb ports but I don't use
> them
>
> Jay

Advantages to 2.4:

more drivers/support for hw
better USB/Firewire support
Netfilter changes(I think the 2.4 netfilter is MUCH better than the 2.2 one,
and yes, there is a compatibility module so all your old scripts should work)
Better stability(been pounded on more, logically should be more stable.)

I would recommend 2.4.20 or 2.4.19 myself.

Mike

--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org
Mike Wenk