2003 Aug 14 07:30

Re: [vox-tech] X server crashed?

Katie, what distro are you running by chance? On Debian, there is a log
file created called /var/log/XFree86.?.log (where ? is the screen
number; i.e. 0). It is a *very* detailed output of the last X session.

If you have this file, peruse it, especially near the end, to see if
there are any obvious error (EE) lines. Either attach the file to your

Otherwise, I'm not sure about other distros, where the detailed X log is
kept.