2003 Aug 11 13:25

Re: [vox-tech] Things changing overnight

Re: [vox-tech] Things changing overnight

On 2003.08.10 09:47, Ken Bloom wrote:
On 2003.08.09 22:47, Ken Bloom wrote:
Sometime in the past few days, my modem /dev/ttyS4 changed its permissions from 660 to 640 without my intervention. My first question: is there any kind of security package on debian that might have done this as a cronjob? I don't use devfs.
I'm thinking this might now be the responsibility of /etc/init.d/
makedev, but haven't found the bug that would be causing this yet. (nothing on b.d.o describes this)

The problem is acutally bug #82095 in wvdial, and I have worked around it.

My PGP key was last signed 6/10/2003 please download my key again if
it is more recent than your copy. If you use GPG, *please* talk to
me to sign it. The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu