2003 Jul 20 15:03

Re: [vox-tech] Asking C compiler to test for #include file

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 10:23:08AM -0700, Ken Bloom wrote:

> I don't think the header guards (the #ifndef/#define/#endif that is
> supposed to surround every header file) are necessarily portable, but
> you could try somehting like this:
>
> #include "somelib.h"
> #ifndef __SOMELIB_Hs_HEADER_GUARD__
>   #error "Ya big dummy!..."
> #endif

I can try this... seeing as it complains for ALL missing includes, I have a feeling the
preprocessor doesn't bail after the first one, so the "#ifndef" might have a chance to get seen ;)

I don't mind the GCC error coming out first, as long as I can 'SPLAIN it afterwards. ;^)

Thanks for the tip!