2003 Jul 17 23:04

Re: [vox-tech] Linux on a low end hardware question

Re: [vox-tech] Linux on a low end hardware question

i have found debian to be quite fast on older hardware- at least on the PPC
side of the pond -- been using it on a bunch of old 66mhz - 300mhz powermacs
for a couple years now -- and linux has been much fast at *most* things.

-dylan

on 03.7.17 3:56 PM, karthikeyan.balasubramanian at
karthikeyan.balasubramanian@aspiresys.com was reported to have writen:

> Hi,
>
> We are planning to put linux on our old systems where
> our marketting people work extensively on
>
> * browsers
> * $M Word
> * $M Excel
> * $M PowerPoint
> * $M Outlook Express
>
> System conf
> -----------------
> old cyrex guess its should be in the
> range of 200 to 400 Mhz
> with 32 to 64 MB RAM.
> running on WinNT
>
> Now they challenged me that Linux
> OpenOffice, Browsers cant run faster then their Windoze speed.
> I would like to take this as a challenge and want to install
> a flavour of linux which works bit faster then Windoze with
> that configuration.
>
> Any suggestion hints would be very helpful to get me
> equiped beforehand.
>
> Should i try 6.2 version of linux(Redhat).
>
> Have a great day.
>
> Karthikeyan B

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein