2003 Jul 17 14:36

[vox-tech] Linux on a low end hardware question

[vox-tech] Linux on a low end hardware question

Hi,

  We are planning to put linux on our old systems where
our marketting people work extensively on

* browsers
* $M Word
* $M Excel
* $M PowerPoint
* $M Outlook Express

System conf
-----------------
old cyrex guess its should be in the
range of 200 to 400 Mhz
with 32 to 64 MB RAM.
running on WinNT

Now they challenged me that Linux
OpenOffice, Browsers cant run faster then their Windoze speed.
I would like to take this as a challenge and want to install
a flavour of linux which works bit faster then Windoze with
that configuration.

Any suggestion hints would be very helpful to get me
equiped beforehand.

Should i try 6.2 version of linux(Redhat).

Have a great day.

Karthikeyan B