2003 Jul 16 14:34

Re: [vox-tech] ATA133 120GB HD okay to use with Pentium I?

"Mark K. Kim" <markslist@cbreak.org> writes:
> so just the bios issue?  so if i piggy back the hd on top of a
> smaller hd or a CD with linux on it, it should recognize it, right?

I am not sure what piggy back means.  If you are refering to a
master-slave configuration, I don't think that will cause the large
drive to be recognized.

> is there a way to tell whether the bios will recognize the new hd
> without actually trying it out?  by looking at some bios options or
> such?

Perhaps contact the BIOS manufacturer with the BIOS revision and see
what the spec is.  Best bet is probably to buy a controller and return
it if you end up not needing it.

--
Ricardo Anguiano
http://www.codesourcery.com