2003 Jul 16 03:03

Re: [vox-tech] NFS mount "RPC: Timed out" error

Re: [vox-tech] NFS mount "RPC: Timed out" error

Okay, well, I've boiled it down to being a /etc/hosts.allow / hosts.deny issue.

I removed "ALL:ALL" from /etc/hosts.deny, and the NFS mount works.

I put it back, even though I've allowed the remote box in question
access to:  nfsd, portmap, lockd, rquotad, mountd and statd
(as per the NFS HOWTO, plus someone's suggestion here (for nfsd)),
it still gets no response back.  Just times out.

I'll keep poking at it...  Not only am I new at NFS, but I'm new at
hosts.allow and hosts.deny ;)