2003 Jul 17 08:35

[vox-tech] File Permission Issue while downloading files from an ftp location

[vox-tech] File Permission Issue while downloading files from an ftp location

Hi all,

  One of my linux friend had this issue.  He uses windoze for
browsing(winmodems).
After downloading the files to his vfat partition.  He complained to me that
his
file permission got messed up while he was accessing these files from his
linux
setup(Dual Boot).

I know that if he can tar and download those files, file  permission can be
retained
somehow he wants another solution.

  Any hints tips are welcome.

  Have a great  day.