2003 Jul 14 13:36

Re: [vox-tech] NFS mount "RPC: Timed out" error

Re: [vox-tech] NFS mount "RPC: Timed out" error

--On Monday, July 14, 2003 03:53:20 AM -0700 Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

The LAN IP of the mountING system is listed in the mountED system's
/etc/hosts.allow, with access to:

  portmap
  lockd
  rquotad
  mountd
  statd
Shouldn't nfsd be in there?

If necessary, use rpcinfo to make sure the server bits are actually functioning properly. "rpcinfo -p host" will query the portmapper for the registered services; "rpcinfo -u host progname" will send a null query to a particular service.
--
Ken Herron