2003 Jul 14 06:48

[vox-tech] NFS mount "RPC: Timed out" error

[vox-tech] NFS mount "RPC: Timed out" error

I'm not sure if I broke something, but suddenly the NFS mount I set up recently stopped
working.

Here's a paraphrase of what the mount line looks like in the mountING system's /etc/fstab:

  remote_host:/path/to/dir	/home/username/mountpoint	nfs	rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,user,noauto

On the mountED system, I have an entry like this in /etc/exports:

  /home/username     other_host(rw,map_static=/etc/nfs/my.map)

and this line in the /etc/nfs/my.map static map file:

  uid  1002     1000    # username(1002)@otherhost = otheruser(1000)@remote_host

The LAN IP of the mountING system is listed in the mountED system's /etc/hosts.allow, with
access to:

  portmap
  lockd
  rquotad
  mountd
  statd

It did work once upon a time.  Then I futzed with the mountING system (kernel changes, which I
backed out of and settled back on Debian's 2.4.18 kernel image package), and I think it's since
then that it stopped working.

Did I miss something?

Thx!

-bill!