2003 Jul 02 12:06

Re: [vox-tech] Uninstalling glibc

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 12:56:28PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Debian Woody, I needed to install the newest version of libxml2,
> so I changed apt/sources to unstable. and did:
>
>  apt-get install libxml2-dev
>
> It installed a new version of glibc.  Now Oracle doesn't work.
>
> How do I uninstall the new version of glibc and reinstall the old?
>
> Jay
Set your sources.list back to stable, then

apt-get install libc6/stable

Use (run that command with the -s option as well first, to make sure
that apt doesn't do anything too drastic to your system).

To install the latest version of libxml2 (if you need it) get the source
code from unstable, then recompile it on stable with dpkg-buildpackage.
My PGP key was last signed 6/10/2003 please download my key again if
it is more recent than your copy. If you use GPG, *please* talk to
me to sign it. The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu