2003 Jun 30 12:24

[vox-tech] Compiling C into Java bytecode?

[vox-tech] Compiling C into Java bytecode?

Okay, just out of curiosity.  Say one wanted to create a 'Java application'
(e.g., something that runs in a web browser, cell phone or PDA JVM),
but they wanted to write the application using the C /language/.

This is possible, is it not?  If so, are there some tools for this
under Linux?  (I see "gjc", the Java compiler from GNU, as well as
"gij", the Java bytecode interpreter from GNU; but nothing for
taking code in other programming languages and turning them into Java bytecode)

Thx!