2003 Jun 25 20:07

Re: [vox-tech] ps2 mouse not working (fwd)

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Mark K. Kim wrote:

> The wheel doesn't work even with ZAxisMapping?
>
>    Section "InputDevice"
>       Option      "ZAxisMapping"    "4 5"
>    EndSection

Yes.  This system worked fine up until two weeks ago, with wheel action.
The only significant changes have been:
a- replaced mobo/cpu/powersupply/case
b- recompiled new version of kernel

What is significant about (a) is that my hard disks were moved over
unchanged, so the OS (and X)  worked with the old hardware but not the
new.  The hardware is not broken because Knoppix works well on it.

Item (b) is interesting because I was using the debian 2.4.19-k6 kernel
package before the forced hardware upgrade, and that kernel had problems
after the new hardware was installed.  Therefore, my custom kernel build
(2.4.21ac2) did not fix the mouse issue, but it may share whatever
configuration the old kernel had that caused the mouse problem.

[...]

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing