2003 Jun 24 17:19

Re: [vox-tech] ps2 mouse not working

On 2003.06.24 10:33, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Mike Simons wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 04:24:33AM -0700, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> > My k6-450 died a couple of weeks ago, so I ordered an Athlon
2400+/ASUS
> > A7S333 mobo/box/power supply and it arrived today. I plugged in
the old
> > hard disks, floppy, cdrw, monitor, keyboard, and mouse, and
everything
> > worked except for the mouse.
>
> Please send output from:
> ===
> ls -l /proc/`pidof gpm`/fd

total 0
lrwx------    1 root     root           64 Jun 24 09:31 0 ->
/dev/gpmdata
lrwx------    1 root     root           64 Jun 24 09:31 1 ->
socket:[6670]

> grep -v ^# /etc/gpm.conf

device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=raw
type=imps2
append=""

I think I had problems with debian gpm trying to get it to repeat ps/2 data, but I don't think they were the same symptoms you are encountering

Debian's gpm is a mess. See http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200303/msg00761.html for more info. (I'm using some unofficial packages of 1.20.1, but they don't interact with the programs already in sid that use GPM for more than cut/paste)

My PGP key was last signed 6/10/2003 please download my key again if
it is more recent than your copy. If you use GPG, *please* talk to
me to sign it. The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu