2003 Jun 24 04:25

[vox-tech] Zope (DTML) - sequence or int handling

[vox-tech] Zope (DTML) - sequence or int handling

I have a DTML page where users can choose location(s) to link to a hypothesis. So there's an HTML multiple selection field. I have code that calls SQL to insert multiple selections and code that calls the SQL insert for a single entry. My question is how do get Zope to differentiate between the two scenarios and use the appropriate code. It's some sort of <dtml-if > logic...

This tag calls the SQL query to inset a single selection
<dtml-call "queries.updateHypPlace()">

This code iterates through the sequence and calls the SQL to insert each one
<dtml-in place prefix=obj>
<dtml-call "queries.updateHypPlace(place=obj_item , huid=hid)">
</dtml-in>

What I have in mind is

<dtml-if ????>
<dtml-call "queries.updateHypPlace()">
<dtml-else ????>
<dtml-in place prefix=obj>
<dtml-call "queries.updateHypPlace(place=obj_item , huid=hid)">
</dtml-in>
</dtml-if>

Suggestions?

TIA,