2003 Jun 22 14:59

[vox-tech] ethernet card setup

I'm installing an ethernet card in machine running Debian (woody)

here's the output from #lspci -v

01:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Lite-on Communications Inc LNE100TX (rev20)
Subsystem: Kingston Technologies: Unknown device f002
I/O ports at d800 [size=256]
Memory at fc9ec00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Expansion ROM at fc980000 [disabled] [size=256]

(btw, none of the other devices listed had IRQ3)
This card uses the tulip.o driver, which I found in
/lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/kernel/drivers/net/tulip/

from there I do
insmod tulip.o

and it then shows up in lsmod
tulip 37184 0 (unused)

I also added the following to the file in /etc/modutils/aliases (so it goes into /etc/modules.conf)
alias eth0 tulip

I do
depmod -a

and try to initialize the eth0 adapter