2003 Jun 18 12:09

Re: [vox-tech] Using cdrecord with remote devices?

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 11:04:38PM -0700, Ryan Castellucci wrote:
> I was just looking at the cdrecord manpage, and see that it can use a SCSI
> device on a remote host. Does anybody know how this works, and how to set it
> up? This is something I would like to do.

Ryan,

/usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.rscsi.gz
===
The Remote-SCSI protocol gives you SCSI-Anywhere features.

There are three possible ways to control access to the remote users:
===

It appears that ssh can be used to provide the tunnel by doing a
  export RSH=ssh

Otherwise "rcmd" or "rsh" is used to access the remote machine,
then the "rscsi" command is invoked.  Documentation is a little sparse
on this method of access but it *appears* to be supported.

In the source packages check out cdrtools-2.0+a15/librscg/scsi-remote.c
for more information.

    Later,
      Mike Simons