2003 Jun 17 21:54

[vox-tech] SM56 Motorola Query

Hi,

  Is it true that SM56 Motorola Modem wont run on Redhat 9.0 kernel
2.4.20-8.

  Oh btw i also installed their driver which they have put in ther website.
and run the sm56setup program
 but when i try to run kppp it say modem not found.  After this only i
decided may be i should keep a
lower version of kernal.

I tried to install lower version of kernel 2.4.2-2.rpm but unfortunately the
filesystem i have is a journalized one and after making entry in
/etc/grub.conf for the old kernel and when i did a reboot i was able to see
the old kernel in the
grub list but when i select i get an Error complaining about filesystem and
also a File not found error.  Guess
the first error has something to do with my currect filesystem being
journalized and next one i m not sure
cause i m pointing to the right vxlinuz file in the grub.conf.

  That puts the questions
 1. can i convert my existing filesystem from ext3 to ext2, sure vice versa
is possible
 2. anybody out there have any luck with sm56 motorola modem.

  Going to play around with redhat linux 9.0 more so before i break
something any help would be helpful :).

  Have a great day.

Karthikeyan B