2003 Jun 16 23:05

Re: [vox-tech] RedHat login (previously, Re: [vox] Mandrake vs. SuSe?)

Re: [vox-tech] RedHat login (previously, Re: [vox] Mandrake vs. SuSe?)

Hi Jonathan,

> From RedHat's default login (gdm), it is easy to
> choose the desktop environment, at which point it may ask if you want
> this to be default.  This sounds like what Karthikeyan describes.

You were right.  This is what i was intending to tell.

>I have never seen a GUI which asks which _login manager_ you want to use.
As
> far as I know, this can only be changed by editing
> /etc/sysconfig/desktop.  I learned this from reading the RH8 release
notes.

Gosh i was wrong.  You were right at this point.  Guess i have to start
reading
that too :).

> Jonathan

Karthikeyan B.