2003 Jun 13 22:45

[vox-tech] Debian Run Levels

I just installed Debian 3.0r1 onto my ancient (5 years old!) Gateway
Solo 2500 laptop computer.  Now, I like having X and GNOME as options
for when I'm using this computer, but since the display looks pretty
crappy, I'd prefer to do everything via the console.  What run level do
I set the default to on inittab so that it won't start X automatically?

Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford