2003 Jun 10 01:18

[vox-tech] Sendmail question

I am bringing up a Redhat 8.0 mail server with Sendmail.  Named is running on the box and name resolution works.  I can get to the web and Nslookup resolves.  I can receive email after changing the DAEM_OPTIONS port=smtp, Addr=my IP address so that it is listening on port 25 for mail connections.  I used the M4 utility to make the change.

In the Network configuration I have two NIC cards and the loopback 127.0.0.1.

My problem is I can not send mail.  I get the following error in the log.

Jun  9 09:01:28 free sm-msp-queue[13168]: h59G1Sik013168: to=root, delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=31873, relay=[127.0.0.1], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]

I can see that it is picking up the loop back address which maybe the problem.  Having never built a Linux mail server before though I don't know.  Is there a place where I change the loop back address or how the mail goes out to the network interface IP address so the mail can get out?

Thanks.

<<winmail.dat>>