2003 Jun 09 11:35

Re: [vox-tech] what happened to debian reportbug? (and vim's hebrewp)

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 09:23:56AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i just sent in a bug report, with a patch, to debian using reportbug.
>
> i've always remembered reportbug asking for special tags, like "patch
> included" or "security related", but it didn't ask me this time around.
[...]
> does anyone know why this has changed?  seemed like a good system; i'm
> surprised they removed the patch and security tags.

  there are a bunch of bug reporting scripts for debian, if you are sure
you used "reportbug" (as opposed to "bug"), then telling which version
of reportbug you are using would be Very Useful.  :)

  It appears that reportbug supports multiple prompt modes:
===
MODES = {'novice': 'Offer simple prompts, bypassing technical questions.',
         'standard': 'Offer more extensive prompts, including asking about '
         'things that a moderately sophisticated user would be expected to '
         'know about Debian.',
         'advanced' : 'Like standard, but assumes you know a bit more about '
         'Debian, including "incoming".',
         'expert': 'Bypass most handholding measures and preliminary triage '
         'routines.  This mode should not be used by people unfamiliar with '
         'Debian\'s policies and operating procedures.'}
===

  I'm not exactly sure how to set the mode level...

There appears to have been a Non-Maintainer-Upload of reportbug:
===
Martin Loschwitz <madkiss@debian.org>  Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:15:00 +0100
===

  It is possible that he might have changed the default mode...