2003 Jun 06 15:24

Re: [vox-tech] Redhat 8.0 shutdown does not power off.

Re: [vox-tech] Redhat 8.0 shutdown does not power off.

--- Mike Simons <msimons@moria.simons-clan.com>
<many snips>

> - Paste the output from:  cat /proc/cmdline
> - Paste the output from:  cat /proc/apm

BEFORE
ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi
1.16 1.2 0x07 0x01 0xff 0x80 -1% -1 ?

AFTER
ro apm=realmode_power_off root=LABEL=/
hdc=ide-scsi
1.16 1.2 0x07 0x01 0xff 0x80 -1% -1 ?

> the change.  Once the change is done do three
> 's-u-o' runs and report
> if power actually goes off.

Each time I did s-u-o the system rebooted.

During each reboot I again edited the "kernel..."
command to insert "apm=realmode_power_off" just
after "ro".