2003 Jun 04 14:44

Re: [vox-tech] Redhat 8.0 shutdown does not power off.

Re: [vox-tech] Redhat 8.0 shutdown does not power off.

--NZtAI5QFBF0GmLcW

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 02:05:21PM -0700, Jim Angstadt wrote:
> msimons wrote:
> > I still think that the reason your machine does not power itself
> > off is related to the kernel configuration option.  I would like
> > to track down the kernel .config used to build the kernel you are
> > running
>=20
> ----- cat /proc/version from RH 8.0 box
> Linux version 2.4.18-14
> (bhcompile@stripples.devel.redhat.com) (gcc

Good, you still appear to be booting a Redhat Linux Kernel.

> ----- ls -l /boot/config* from RH 8.0 box
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root        42150 Sep  4
>  2002 /boot/config-2.4.18-14

You also have the config file that built that kernel.

- Paste output from:  grep APM /boot/config*

> ----- grep power /proc/ksyms from RH 8.0 box
> d0a0d004 rm_power_management	[nvidia]
> c037eec8 pm_power_off_R60a32ea9
> c0107230 machine_power_off_R091c824a
> c01ce890 pci_set_power_state_Rb007b704

  You appear to have the functions needed to do power-off, but another
question is raised:

- Paste output from:  lsmod

> > - Has this system acted unstable in any other
> > ways recently?
>=20
> Generally no. =20

okay.