2003 Jun 01 12:48

[vox-tech] recovering /usr with dpkg

I recently had a drive fail in one of my boxes.  Most of that drive was part
of a RAID 5 array, so I will be able to recover that partition relatively
easily.  My question is about recovering the /usr partition on that drive.
All my other major system directories are on partitions on other drives, so
I still have an intact /var/lib/dpkg/status.  I haven't used dpkg --audit
previously, so  I am assuming when it discovers a fresh, completely empty
/usr, it will mark pretty much everything as needing reinstallation  I have
never had a package marked in need of reinstallation before. .  Where will I
go from there?  What should my next command be?

Thanks,
Nick