2003 May 30 14:18

Re: [vox-tech] combining data files

Try "man paste" and see what you think.

Rich

Alexandra Thorn wrote:
Been playing with ploticus prefabs, which I agree are pretty cute.  Here's
the issue that I'd like to handle now: the output from different runs of
my simulation are in separate files.  I'd like to be able to present the
outputs on a single graph.  I vaguely remember that there might be some
manner of bash command that would relatively easily combine data files in
such a way that the data from the two files are included as separate
columns (rather than by increasing the number of lines as would be done
by, say cat).  Does such a command exist?  I'd like to know if there's an
easy way to do this before I start trying to do clever things with loops
and "read," or writing a C program for this purpose.

Thanks again,
Alex