2003 May 29 20:31

[vox-tech] Data Recovery

I hope this topic is appropriate to this forum since it is not Linux specific.

I must sheepishly admit that my backup procedures have been inadequate and
my laptop hard disk has crashed. 8-(

Does anyone have experience with any data recovery services locally (or
elsewhere). My search has only found one in Placerville and one in Irvine
and the rest out of state. They are not inexpensive and from those Data
Recovery companies with whom I have spoken, I gather that if the first
service can't get the data, it may be lost forever. I have not been able to
find any reviews of services, so any (favorable) personal experiences would
be appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry