2003 May 28 21:03

[vox-tech] GL apps not running, NVIDIA X11 module

[vox-tech] GL apps not running, NVIDIA X11 module

Hello,

So I tried running Quake 2, which ran fine except it doesn't let me use
either the GLX or SDL GL video drivers.  I also tried to compile `gears`
and `SDLgears` from http://www.libsdl.org/opengl/SDLgears-1.0.2.tar.gz and
it won't run (it brings up a broken image, like it tried to draw the first
frame but drew only a part of it, then froze.)

But `glxgears` and the 3D screen savers work perfectly fine.  Also,
"planets", a wireframe drawing test program from the OpenGL book, works
perfectly fine.

Does anyone know why these three apps (Quake2, gears, SDLgears) won't run
on my system?  I'm running Debian Stable with NVIDIA's X11 drivers.
Thanks in advance!

-Mark

PS: I read on google groups that I should disable the GLcore and DRI
modules because NVIDIA's drivers have their own thing.  I did but it
doesn't help.

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/