2003 May 23 11:10

Re: [vox-tech] need help finding qt libs

Re: [vox-tech] need help finding qt libs

Apparently you're installing this on Debian?  Make sure you install the
-dev package, too, not only the qt package.  On stable, install
libqt3-dev, not only libqt3.

AMOF, installing stuff from sources usually require the -dev packages in
addition to the regular package.  Good luck!

-Mark

On 22 May 2003, Charles McLaughlin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've found a few apps that I would like to use that require QT.
> Personally, I prefer Gnome over KDE so up until now I've had now need
> for QT.  I'm not trying to start a flame war here.  Actually, I took a
> look at KDE on a friends machine and it is starting to look pretty good.
>
> Anyway...  When preparing to compile some wares that need QT, I get this
> message from running the configure script:
>
> ---
>
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3) (headers and
> libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
>
> ---
>
> I've tried to install various QT libs, with no success.  I still can't
> compile apps that need QT.  I googled and found some info leading me to
> believe that my problem might just be a difference in how the debian
> packages are named.  I'm not to sure about that though.
>
> Thanks for any advice!
>
> Charles

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/