2003 May 22 13:03

Re: [vox-tech] Anyone else mess up their KDE install this week?

Re: [vox-tech] Anyone else mess up their KDE install this week?

> What unofficial apt source are you using for KDE? KDE 3 hasn't
> propagated to testing yet. As a result, I don't think the debian bug
> listings will be too helpful for you.

Ok ... there'd be issue 1 -- I've got main and testing at
download.us.kde.org in my apt list.

> Also, what kind of "update die"ing occurred? Try running apt-get dist-
> upgrade or apt-get upgrade or whatever it was that you did to try to
> update 108 Megs of KDE libraries, and send us the errors. (Yes, I saw
> that you don't particularly want to tell us this)

I couldn't tell you that, bcause I was writing the email from my
window'zed work machine.  Also, I'd need to dig out whatever log files
there are of previous apt-sessions ... I didn't save the session where
everything fell apart and I got my computer's suggestion to explore
Gnome, Sawfish and Fluxbox for a few days.

Ahwell ... will explore and get back when I actually have info to tell