2003 May 21 22:12

Re: [vox-tech] Anyone else mess up their KDE install this week?

Re: [vox-tech] Anyone else mess up their KDE install this week?

On 2003.05.21 14:24, Richard Burkhart wrote:
I'm running a Deb-testing system... and trusted apt-get a bit more
than I
should have.

a) Anyone else have apt-get try to update 108 megs of KDE libraries,
and
have the update die because one of the main packages (kdelibs4) is
held
back? -- destroying KDE in the process?  If you haven't -- watch out
with
that upgrade thingie.

b) short of actually LOOKING at the "we're going to replace" report
like
anyone with brains would have ... any way I can tell that 'this
upgrade will
not work, and will kill one of your environments in the process'?

c) the debian-bugs listings are telling me why a library/package is
busted,
and what packages it depends on that are busted ... but are there any
decent
places to find estimates on how soon it'll be fixed?

Thanx

What unofficial apt source are you using for KDE? KDE 3 hasn't propagated to testing yet. As a result, I don't think the debian bug listings will be too helpful for you.

Also, what kind of "update die"ing occurred? Try running apt-get dist-
upgrade or apt-get upgrade or whatever it was that you did to try to update 108 Megs of KDE libraries, and send us the errors. (Yes, I saw that you don't particularly want to tell us this)

Try running `apt-get -f install` and see whether it can fix things.

Fingerprint: D5E2 8839 6ED3 3305 805C 941F 9476 A9BD E2B2 CAD1
The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu