2003 May 21 19:11

[vox-tech] Anyone else mess up their KDE install this week?

[vox-tech] Anyone else mess up their KDE install this week?

I'm running a Deb-testing system... and trusted apt-get a bit more than I
should have.

a) Anyone else have apt-get try to update 108 megs of KDE libraries, and
have the update die because one of the main packages (kdelibs4) is held
back? -- destroying KDE in the process?  If you haven't -- watch out with
that upgrade thingie.

b) short of actually LOOKING at the "we're going to replace" report like
anyone with brains would have ... any way I can tell that 'this upgrade will
not work, and will kill one of your environments in the process'?

c) the debian-bugs listings are telling me why a library/package is busted,
and what packages it depends on that are busted ... but are there any decent
places to find estimates on how soon it'll be fixed?

Thanx