2003 May 21 14:06

Re: [vox-tech] CD writer suggestions?

I also got a TDK (48x) and it's awesome.  I got it when it had just come
out so I got it for a little on the expensive side, but it came with
everything, including rails and screws and cables and a couple CDRs and
one CDRW and even an installation video.  Performance has been solid on
Linux, though I haven't had the chance to burn too many CDs before I
upgraded to my new system.  Now the fate of my TDK CD burner lies with my
parents...

-Mark

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> A project I may be working on will require that I burn some test discs,
> so it looks like I'm going to have to get a CD burner that actually _works_.
> (The one we have in Melissa's PC has been consistently flakey; Googling came
> up with other folks who've had problems with it in the past.)
>
> Can someone recommend something reliable and easy-to-use under Linux?
> (My desktop system is IDE, so I'd just be swapping out my current IDE drive.
> I'd rather not spend time/energy adding SCSI to my system, as I'd like to
> replace it completely one of these days.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> -bill!
>
> --
> bill@newbreedsoftware.com                                            Hire me!