2003 May 20 22:09

Re: [vox-tech] [C] randomly accessing file data in C

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Ken Herron wrote:

> --On Tuesday, May 20, 2003 06:45:53 PM -0700 "Mark K. Kim"
> <*********@******.***> wrote:

Please don't put my e-mail address in the e-mail body -- I don't want
spambots picking them up.  Thanks!

[snip]
> > Writing is another matter.  When I seek to the spot and write the
> > modified data, it destroys the data that comes afterwards.
>
> That's not the way it's supposed to work. Could you post the code you're
> using to open this file and write to it?

That's what I thought, too, but here I am!  Anyway, I put the program on
my website for testing:

   http://www.cbreak.org/tmp/

Please try it.  Thanks!!

-Mark