2003 May 20 22:20

[vox-tech] recording telephone speech using dialogic

[vox-tech] recording telephone speech using dialogic

I am using Intel Dialogic card to record telephone
speech. i am running it on windows.

The speech data collected has a peculiar problem.
Wheneve there is no speech ( silence after the
utterance ), there seems to be a DC value to it. ( ie
no zero crossings => totally above/below the zero
axis).

I am wondering whether it is bcos of the AGC (
automatic gain control) in the Dialogic OR is it a
problem with the
sound card.

the extreme case of the actual signal from telephone
line having DC is ruled out bcos this is observed only
in silence after the utterance.

joel

=====
JOEL PINTO