2003 May 22 10:49

[vox-tech] program uses old gtk as normal user, new gtk as root

[vox-tech] program uses old gtk as normal user, new gtk as root

Hello,

I wrote a small PHP script that uses GTK for a GUI.  I know that might
sound crazy.  The script isn't for the web, I run it on the desktop.  I
used the php-gtk library.

Anyway... I designed the GUI in the old version of Glade (ver. 0.6.4)
which gives a Gnome 1 feel.  If I run the script with my normal user
account, it looks like an old Gnome 1 app.  The funny thing is when I
run the script as root, the GUI looks like a Gnome 2 app.

For instance, when run as a normal user, radio buttons appear as
triangles.  And when run as root, radio buttons appear as pretty
circular buttons.

I'm just curious why this is happening.  Also... running the script with
sudo gives the old Gnome 1 feel.  I set the root $PATH to the same as my
user $PATH and that didn't change anything.

I'm guessing that the root account knows where to find the new GTK libs,
but my normal account doesn't.

Any ideas?

btw  the script is a just a GUI to shutdown, restart or suspend the
machine.

Thanks!
Charles