2003 May 22 10:55

Re: [vox-tech] Conversion

On 2003.05.19 13:41, Richard Crawford wrote:
Hypothetically speaking, how difficult would it be to switch an
existing
RH box to Debian?  Assuming, of course, that all of the home
directories
and downloaded extra software live on different partitions than
root...

I switched from Mandrake to Debian about 9 months ago. I saved my home directories, and I saved my fat partition, and blasted everything else away. About the only things I had to reconfigure in the home directory were new pixmap paths in windowmaker, so it wasn't too painful. (Barring systemwide settings that I just completely blew away and then retyped into debconf frontents, but even those weren't horribly painful)

Fingerprint: D5E2 8839 6ED3 3305 805C 941F 9476 A9BD E2B2 CAD1
The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu