2003 May 19 16:22

Re: [vox-tech] Exported X-windows - bandwidth req's

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 04:02:10PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> Try TightVNC - http://www.tightvnc.org/.  It's semi-usable
> over dialup.

Yeah, VNC is spiffy.  I use it with my Zaurus. :^)

How much bandwidth it takes really depends on what you're doing.
Popping up a web browser (with animation disabled) and poking around in
a terminal window won't take too much.  (How do you like that for quantification
;^) )

Running Mplayer or trying to run Quake...?  I'd avoid that over an exported
display (be it X, VNC, or whatever).  ;^)