2003 May 22 11:29

Re: [vox-tech] Computer case for lots of drives...

Mike Simons said:

>   I was thinking I could just route the cables to the nearest case side,
> rotate them 90 degrees, and tape them to the case to run them along the
> metal... if the case doesn't provide a solution.
>   I've also noticed a large number of P-ATA cables that morph the
> standard parallel cable into a small round cord, which should help air
> flow greatly.

???

http://www.dell.com/us/en/gen/topics/vectors_2000-sata.htm
-
http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2003q1/ata-comparo/index.x?pg=1

I've never heard if the new s-ata cables can be adapted to old ide drives
(with p-ata connectors). Seems unlikely?

regards,
ep