2003 May 19 09:41

Re: [vox-tech] hdparm for scsi emulated CDROM drives?

Re: [vox-tech] hdparm for scsi emulated CDROM drives?

At the installfest yesterday, we installed Debian onto my laptop; I didn't
think that the installer was particularly unfriendly (and I was thrilled
speechless by the power of apt-get as compared to Red Hat's RPM
process)... but, then, I also had Rusty Minden there to walk me through
the entire process.  Heh.

I am having a problem with X and with my wireless card on my laptop,
though.  The X server that is shipped with Debian Stable is not compatible
with my laptop's video card (ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 64MB), so I imagine
I'll need to figure out how to make the new version of XFree86 (which
*does* support my video card) talk to Debian (suggestions and offers of
help are more than welcome).  I have no idea how to even get started with
the wireless card, but that hasn't stopped me before.

Mike Simons wrote,

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford