2003 May 19 09:34

Re: [vox-tech] hdparm for scsi emulated CDROM drives?

Re: [vox-tech] hdparm for scsi emulated CDROM drives?

--LpQ9ahxlCli8rRTG

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 09:17:43AM -0400, Rob Rogers wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 00:28:21AM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> > On the downside, Debian's got a long way to go
> > before it's friendly for a regular Joe.
>=20
> I know what you mean here. I've been using Linux for years now, and
> both times I tried installing Debian I had to give up. Not sure exactly
> what it was, but it definitely wasn't as newbie friendly as the other
> distros...
[...]
> I do plan
> on giving it another shot in the next week or so though. I've got a new
> box I plan on building this weekend that I'd like to try Debian on. ;)

Rob,

  When you get a chance try installing Debian stable (aka woody)...
if it gives you too much trouble, at least skim through the installation
instructions:

  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual
    (you will have to select your platform and perferred language)

  Also keep in mind you should try Debian again when the next stable
release comes out... there is a much smoother install system that has
been in the works for years now, but it didn't make the cut last time
stable was released, it may be done next time.

    Later,
      Mike
--=20

--LpQ9ahxlCli8rRTG