January 6: Social gathering
2003 May 19 09:10

Re: [vox-tech] Downgrade glibc2.3 to glibc2.2 in Debian?

Re: [vox-tech] Downgrade glibc2.3 to glibc2.2 in Debian?

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 09:15:04PM +1200, D & E Radel wrote:
> I am running Debian "Sid" and have sussed out the upgrading, etc. However,
> downgrading is a mystery to me. I need to revert to glibc2.2, as my ATI
> drivers don't work with glibc2.3. I can download older versions, or change
> my sources to "stable" I guess. But then what?
>=20
> How can this be done simply?  :-)

  From what I can tell libc in testing and unstable are both 2.3.1,
so you will have to downgrade to stable.  This will very likely take=20
a *whole* bunch of your system back to stable.

  apt-get -t stable install libc6

  I have read some places that downgrading is not supported, but
I've seen people reply that is hogwash and it has worked for me
in the past.  If it's going to break at all downgrading libc
is going to be the test...

--=20

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO--