2003 May 19 09:10

Re: [vox-tech] hdparm for scsi emulated CDROM drives?

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 12:49:08PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> I see.  It appears I can still use hdparm on /dev/hdc and /dev/hdd even
> though the device names supposed to be /dev/scd? now.  Thanks, Rob!  But
> how do I know it worked?  (besides just reading hdparm's output, which
> could be a goofy feedback from the kernel)

I would try a before and after read test. I've been meaning to do that
here, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I know with a HD, I can
tell the difference without even running a test...but other than
testing, I'm not sure how I'd verify for a CD/DVD drive.

Rob