2003 May 13 16:33

[vox-tech] Calculating partition sizes

Dear all,

I'm trying to calculate the exact size of each partition (so I can dd it).
using cfdisk, I found out the partitions are taking up 156295440 sectors.
I'm assuming 1 sector is 512 bytes, for a total of 80023265280 bytes.  But
cfdisk is telling me my HDD's size is 80026361856 bytes.  So there's a
discrepancy of 3096576 bytes.

So where's this discrepancy coming from?  How much does MBR take up?  What
else is using up all that space?

Thanks!

-Mark

--