January 6: Social gathering
2003 May 12 13:19

[vox-tech] cvs help - file not showing up in working copy of repository

[vox-tech] cvs help - file not showing up in working copy of repository

i'm committed to using subversion, but until i do, i'm stuck with cvs.

there's a directory in my cvs repository, notes/, which contains a file
people.txt.   i created it in my copy with:

cvs add notes
cvs add notes/people.txt
cvs commit

however, someone else who's also using my cvs repository, did a "cvs
update" and these files never showed up in his copy of the repository.

in addition, i just found out that a directory which i removed from the
cvs repository a long time ago, is still on his system.  i would've
thought it would be removed.

i'm at a loss concerning both problems.

any cvs users out there with some advice on how to solve these two
problems?

thanks,
pete