2003 May 12 15:34

Re: [vox-tech] debian way to set hdparm and xset on start

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 02:51:12AM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> So I've finally switched to Debian and loving it.  ^_^

Welcome.

> I'm customizing the system now and not quite sure where the "debian" place
> is for executing `hdparm` commands at startup.  I don't wanna enable the
> DMA on my HDD everytime I boot the system.

/etc/rc.boot is the place for on-boot system-wide scripts.

> And... where is the "debian" place to put some xset commands to set mouse
> acceleration and keyboard repeat rate.

The preferred place for such user specific X commands is ~/.xsession.  Be
aware that this will replace the default, meaning you'll need to stick a
command in there to start your window manager yourself, it "kde2" or
"fvwm" or whatever.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.deppner.us/